Here we give you 8 more ways to make your summer holiday as inexpensive as possible, writes Jasmine Birtles of Moneymagpie. From cashback and currency deals to cheap calls and free guide books, you’ll be able to save pounds – and euros and dollars and…!
Taking the stress out of car travel with your grandchildrenCreated by Verity in Travel
الفوريكس تعليم تداول الاسهم Today it’s Granny’s day to take out the grandchildren. Would they like to go to the zoo? To the park? Well, you may want to take the car, it’s raining or it’s too far to walk, so let’s go! What do you mean he needs a specially fitted car seat? She feels sick? He’s bored? Can she not see that we aren’t quite there yet! Does any of this sound familiar?
الحساب التجريبي المجاني للفوركس Well, never fear, help is at hand! Here at ‘travel tips’ we have put together a few useful things to remember when travelling in the car with children, and if we haven’t answered your questions, take a look at our ‘useful links’ box which lists a few sites where you can find more detail on the topics we have covered.
ثنائي الخيار مليونير Firstly, let’s talk about car seats. You may or may not know that the law requires that all children aged under 12 or shorter than 135cm tall must wear the correct child restraint. There are a lot of really good sites on the internet that have very easy to follow guides on purchasing a car seat, but we have outlined below some of the major points to consider before you head off to the shops to buy one.
- عالم الاسهم السعوديه Do you know your grandchild’s weight? Although your grandchild’s age is an important factor in buying a seat, it is really more important to know their weight as this determines the group of the seat they will need.
- فوركس سيدني Do you know what the most suitable restraint is for your grandchild? These can range from a baby rear-facing seat, all the way up to a booster cushion. The retailer should help you with this area, but as we all know, it is always good to do a bit of research ourselves.
- كيف تربح المال الآن Is the car seat suitable for the car? The shape of car seats, the length and position of seat belts can differ quite a lot between cars. Find out whether your car has airbags and whether it has an ISOFIX point. This is just a connector in the cars structure into which an ISOFIX child seat can simply be plugged. Most retailers will let you try before you buy, so really take advantage of this service, and if they don’t offer it, we would strongly advise going elsewhere.
- مكاسب الفوركس Does the seat meet safety standards? Ensure that the seat you are buying meets the latest safety standard. You can do this by looking on the seat for the international approval mark – a circle surrounding the letter “E”, an approval number and the symbols: E/ECE/324.
مشاكل الانسحاب خيار ثنائي Once you have the car seat safely installed it may be worth considering a few accessories. Did you know that you can also get car seat piddle pads for those all too common accidents? In sunnier months, it always useful to have a car sunshade that can be temporarily stuck to the car window. If your grandchild is in a forward facing seat, why not consider a child view mirror so you can see what they are up to without turning around!
That is safety more or less covered, but what about sickness? Children are prone to car sickness, but what can we do to prevent them from having to go through this nasty experience? Well, before you travel make sure that you bring some water with you, avoid heavy meals and also if sickness is a sure thing why not try child-friendly sickness remedies? It may also be a good idea to take a change of clothes as well, and an old towel (in preparation for the worst).
Then when you are on the move, make sure that your grandchild has plenty of fresh air, and get them to focus on distant objects instead of reading or focusing on things that are near to their face. However, if all that fails, there is always the art of distraction.
So what about entertainment? Depending on your grandchild’s age, there are some great ideas on the internet on entertaining them in the car. When they are very little, you may be lucky and they may sleep for the whole journey, however why not tie a toy or two to their car seat. Anything that can attach would be ideal, there are even products made specifically for the purpose of car travel. Don’t forget those non-messy savoury snacks such as rice cakes which are always good for keeping them occupied. Sing-along, music and story tapes are also a sure-fire winner; you can even rent these from a library saving yourself the expense of buying them. There are no end of games you can play with them in the car when they are older and are less likely to sleep. The AA have a great site listing lots of good ideas in this area, see the ‘useful links’ box for their web address. The AA also recommend stopping every 45 minutes if you are on a long-journey – remember that those little ones have lower boredom thresholds than we do!
Hopefully we have put your mind at rest when it comes to travelling in the car with your little ones. However, we are sure that you have got lots more ideas to share – so please post these in the travel section of the grannynet forum – and keep checking this page as we are constantly changing and updating our articles in response to our user requests!
- DO get a car seat that is right for your car
- DO go to a car seat retailer who lets you try and buy
- DO think about buying a few car accessories to make driving with a child safer
- DO be prepared to deal with child car sickness
- DON’T spend too much on in-car entertainment, it needn’t cost the earth
Planning a holiday with your grandchildren? Don’t book a thing until you’ve read the brilliant Grandparents Guide to the great getaway, packed full of tips that all you savvy travellers have passed on us.
وسطاء الخيارات الثنائية في اليابان By Verity Gill, Grannynet