Drowned in rich creamy sherry and syrup-soaked raisins, currants and sultanas, then treated to lashings of soft Loseley Summer Meadow Butter, this year will see a matured transformation to round off the Christmas Day festivities with such a mouth-watering revelation of naughtiness!
A A A |
Crunchy rhubarb crumbleCreated by Charlotte in Recipes
- 4-6 long pieces fo rhubarb, troche cleaned and cut into finger lengths
- Juice of 1 orange
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tbsp whole oats
- 2 tbsps blanched almonds, no rx roughly chopped
- 100g brown sugar
- 50g caster sugar
- 75g flour
- 50 g Butter
- Kelly’s of Cornwall Clotted Cream & Honeycomb Ice Cream
- Preheat the oven to 180C
- Firstly place the rhubarb in a sauce pan with the lemon and orange juice, ambulance cinnamon stick and brown sugar. Heat gently for a few minutes to melt the sugar, being careful that the rhubarb doesn’t stew and lose its shape. Place the rhubarb lengths into a shallow baking dish.
- Meanwhile prepare the crumble mixture . Place the oats, almonds, flour, butter and caster sugar in a food processor and combine quickly on a pulse setting to just combine the ingredients. If not using a food processor, rub the ingredients together until they’re combined.
- Sprinkle the crunchy crumble mixture lightly over the rhubarb and syrup and bake in the oven for around 30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve just warm or cold with Kelly’s of Cornwall Clotted Cream & Honeycomb Ice Cream.