How to use the forum
The Grannynet forum gives our members a community that welcomes, ambulance supports and entertains them. It is live, prostate so you can catch up whenever you want to and have a fully interactive conversation.
- If you just want to have a read then our forum is ready and waiting. Click here to go to the forum.
- If you are not sure of the etiquette for a forum, read our friendly guidelines.
- The forum is all about getting to know people, so it is always good to update your hobbies and interests. You can do this in your profile.
- When you first look at the forum, you’ll see a list of our main subject categories, for instance ‘Catching up’. If you click on one of these you’ll link through to the subcategories of this subject. Use these titles to navigate the forum and find whatever most interests you.
- The next stage you’ll click through to after a subcategory is a ‘thread’. A thread is a specific conversation being had around a subject.
- Click on a thread to view members ‘posts’ which is what we call people’s comments. As long as you are a member you can add your own comment by clicking the blue ‘Post Reply’ button at the top of the page.
- To create a new thread (i.e. start a conversation) go to the forum that covers your topic, then click on the blue ‘New thread’ button at the top or bottom of the page.
- The white bar at the top of the page allows you to see where you are in the forum, it is horizontal list of the steps that got you there. If you get lost, just click on ‘grannynet forums’ and you will return to the forum homepage.
- Below this is the grey top menu. Here you can look at the latest posts and search frequently asked questions. If you are a member, you can also contact the community (other members), search the forum, and access your User ‘CP’ or Control Panel. This is where you can edit things like your username, password and profile.
We hope that clears up any questions you may have. If not please feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.