Login

Like Tree5Likes
  • 2 Post By jeangenie
  • 1 Post By plantaholic
  • 2 Post By jeangenie

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 28-11-2014, 12:17 AM

Default Singing together

Do you remember this radio schools programme? There has been talk of it on Radio 4 this week, and I remember it well!

I also remember, as a small child, looking at the book cover and telling myself that I now knew how to spell together as it was made up of To Get Her. I'm quite impressed with my young self now

We watched a lot of TV schools programmes at primary school too I remember. My parents paid for me to go to this school!!!

Old 28-11-2014, 10:21 AM

Ahhhh, Beth, you young things! When I (doddery old girl that I am) was at primary school most of us didn't have tvs at home. The possibility of having one at school would have been unthinkable. There was about an hour of children's tv late afternoon - things like Muffin the Mule, Bill and Ben. Then it shut down until early evening.

Our school certainly didn't have a radio either. I can't even remember having many textbooks - everything was done on the blackboard and copied into our exercise books. We had posters on the walls - maps and geography-related topics. Looking back, we must have been only one step away from slates!
plantaholic and pilates like this.
Old 28-11-2014, 10:40 AM
Lifer

Muffin the Mule was the first television programme I saw, on a friends television I must add.
jeangenie likes this.
Old 28-11-2014, 11:52 AM

Same here, Plant. Although we did have our own very tiny tv in a huge wooden box-like structure. It took 5 minutes to 'warm up', I remember.
Old 28-11-2014, 01:27 PM

This thread has stirred up some memories! My primary school must have been musically challenged because for the 2 years I was in Standard 4 (too young to take the 11+ the first year) I played the piano for assembly, the Nativity play etc. Believe me that doesn't imply I was any good, but I was the only one who could read music! My accompaniment must have put the other children off singing for life.
plantaholic and pilates like this.