Grannynet  

Go Back   THE FORUM > CATCHING UP > In the news
Login

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 25-04-2012, 10:38 PM

Default Diaries

iKEEP SMALL one in handbag my bible so I know what I am doing and when also clients appts.

I also keep larger on in bedside drawer, I find I am one of those people who it helps to write things down, especially given the angst we have been through last 3 years.

Somehow I get sense relief puting my innermost t houghts and emotions in writing.
When we were going through bad patch oh and myself few years ago he looked in my diary and it was not a happy time!! That sort of diary should be private but not sure it matters when you are long gone and someone said.
Old 26-04-2012, 10:23 AM
Lifer

I so agree about putting things in writing to help you get a clearer perspective on things.If I don't do this sometimes it just keeps going round and round in my head.
I used to keep a diary when I was younger but not any more.

Wasn't there some Government project during the last war for ordinary people to keep a diary of day to day events? I read a book called "(somebody) Last's War" which recounted her daily life during this time and found it very interesting.
Old 26-04-2012, 10:46 AM

I have online dairies/journals on 2 forums which I have belonged to for years. Like Anne, it helps me immensely to write things down there and saves me a fortune on therapy
OH used to keep a paper diary in her 20's. She showed me some a while ago. It was fascinating (well parts it were boring. She worked in a plant nursery then, so a lot of it was about transplanting etc etc!!) One year covered her buying her 1st house, a trip to Florida, her father dying, and the end of one relationship and beginnings of another. Interesting to see a snapshot of a persons life like that

I suppose once we're gone, we can't keep things private. If we don't want them read, we should hide them so well no one would ever find them!!
Old 26-04-2012, 03:37 PM
Lifer

I do keep and outlook diary for work and a hard copy of it but not in depth stuff. If I didn't keep an appointments diary I would be stuffed
Old 26-04-2012, 06:32 PM

Oh me too, Tizzy! All clients appointments, social engagements, dental/hospital,/Drs appointments for me, OH and my mum, all go in the diary. Don't know what would happen if I lost it
Old 26-04-2012, 09:00 PM
Lifer

There are really two sorts of diaries aren't there?
One of things to do etc.and one for things that have been done and personal thoughts.