Grannynet  

Go Back   THE FORUM > TOPICS > Discipline
Login

Like Tree47Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 18-11-2013, 09:26 PM
Lifer

Default Bad behaviour.

I was in JL today and there were two children in the Nursery dept, they were going from one car seat to another sitting in them all and rocking them and pulling all the labels off.
Mum was at the checkout, taking absolutely notice of them.
I couldn't help it I went over to them and said ,"I think we need to pick these up," and waited until they did!
I thought their Mum was going to kill me!!!!!!!!!!!
Jane
Old 18-11-2013, 10:13 PM
Lifer

Well done Jane!
Old 18-11-2013, 10:54 PM
Lifer

Yesterday evening I went to town with DiL and the GC to see the turning on of the Christmas lights, afterwards we popped into a cafe for a drink, the place was packed so I wondered around looking for somewhere to sit. People were standing drinking their coffees as there were no seats, or so I thought.
A man was sitting with his legs up on the long sofa type seats they now have in coffee shops,he was taking up enough space for 4 people
In my loudest voice I said to him.
"Are these seats taken, or are they just for you and your legs "
He soon moved but DiL and I decided to take our drinks out side, we didn't fancy sitting next to him ,I think he was a stranger to soap.
Old 19-11-2013, 11:57 AM
Lifer

Good on you Jane. The number of times I seen kiddies behaving badly and thought " If they were mine...!" Some children are left to their own devices when out shopping while Mummy just carries on in her own sweet way, with head filled with cotton wool and fairy tales!
Sweets...that would have been awkward to have to sit next to him after that, but well done! Manners seem to have flown out of the window. Same when it comes to some people holding doors open, you can just forget that now.
Old 19-11-2013, 05:53 PM
Lifer

Anyone who works in a shop will tell you many parents are oblivious to the little darlings bad behaviour. the only reprimand given ios usuaaly to blame the shop assistant for spoiling their fun. Often they are heard to say " That lady is getting annoyed at you" as if they themselves don't care that the little dears are breaking things or opening packages. so well done Jane for giving a kind but firm guidance.
Old 19-11-2013, 06:42 PM
Lifer

I couldn't agree with you all more!
Well said, well done and keep it up.....
Old 19-11-2013, 08:07 PM

My youngest DD was a waitress in bistro/coffee shop for a couple of years. She told me it was amazing how many parents let their children run around in there. It is an old building and quite narrow. The parents seemed oblivious to the fact that not only was it annoying to other customers, and made the waiting staffs job difficult, but they were also in danger! She said more than once she had to actually ask a parent to get a child to sit down, for safety's sake!!
jeangenie and tinks like this.

Old 19-11-2013, 08:58 PM
Lifer

This is not about children's behaviour but that of adults. I was on a train going into London today. It was early (got 7.11 am train) and where I get on is almost the last place you would be guaranteed to get a seat. A couple of stops on a young lady boarded, very obviously pregnant. Nobody stood to give her a seat. I didn't see her at first as I was reading the paper. When I realised she was standing I said "here you are please have my seat" she said she would rather I kept my seat and she would be OK. Lots of shuffling of papers, averted eyes from the many men sitting in the compartment. I insisted she sat down at which point a man finally stood up and said that she should have his seat.

Is it a big thing to give up your seat for a pregnant woman? The way I see it is that if I had a daughter or dil who was heavily pregnant and travelling I would expect someone to offer her a seat not just because it is polite but also from a safety aspect on a very crowded train. Am I being old fashioned?
Old 19-11-2013, 08:58 PM
Lifer

Don't all shout at me I don't like bad behaviour neither but must admit and I don't know how old these children were, but I spent a little while in my local Boots ordering something and paying for it on my debit card, I had Im with me and at 3 yrs of age its not easy to keep your eye on them and what she was touching I did keep telling her to come to me and kept her in my sight, how you go on with 2 kids who no longer go in a pushchair and not really big enough to keep under control difficult one, I really struggled that day I can tell you
Ragdoll and tinks like this.
Old 19-11-2013, 09:00 PM
Lifer

These children were not little, they were about 8/10.
Jane