Grannynet  

Go Back   THE FORUM > CATCHING UP > The Granny's Arms
Login

Like Tree17Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 14-12-2014, 02:59 AM
Resident

Default Doin' the night watch and walk with a colicy baby

My heart is almost broke in half.... Wee Danny may have colic... Yeah, all us grand parents who had a baby with colic are now crying and wailing at the memory.

It's more awful than I remembered.

Everything and anything anyone can suggest will be tried.

XXXXX
Pimms likes this.
Old 14-12-2014, 06:45 AM
Lifer

DD took her little one to the doctor who prescribed baby Gaviscon. It has been effective. The thinking is the baby's immature digestive system causes reflux and tummy pain and the Gavescon forms a physical barrier at the top of the stomach. Worth a try.
Old 14-12-2014, 08:30 AM

Many sympathies Buzz. Colic must be terrible, for baby and family
Sum1Lses suggestion sounds a good one.
Sometimes lying the baby on his back, on your lap or the bed, , and gently drawing his knees up and out can massage the tummy and help things. Gently massaging the soles of the feet, especially the middle 'instep' part may help.
Anything is worth trying. Good luck.
jeangenie and Pimms like this.

Old 14-12-2014, 09:58 AM

Buzz, poor little Danny. It's so heart wrenching when they're crying and obviously in pain.

A warm bath sometimes help to relax them. But if the doctor will prescribe something for him, plus Beth's massage suggestions, I'm sure he'll soon be through this phase. Is it mainly in the evening?
Beth and Pimms like this.
Old 14-12-2014, 10:39 AM
Lifer

My DD used Baby massage she would give Josh a warm bath at night and then a massage it really worked , poor little things it must be so painful , I remember my DS having it we walked the floor night after night for about 3 month ,only gripe water in them days to give
Old 14-12-2014, 10:49 AM
Lifer

My twins suffer a little with colic Buzz she gives them Dinnefords, Pilates recommended put baby over the shoulder and letting their arms dangle over and legs dangle down front they need to be high over the shoulder but it worked, my two suffer with reflux badly due to immature guts and have Omeprazole which I take for heartburn ! Walking the floor with two of them isn't pleasant so know how you feel, it isn't common in breast fed babies usually
Pimms likes this.
Old 17-01-2015, 03:38 AM

Default Baby Bowen

Try Baby Bowen. Look it up on YouTube.
Old 17-01-2015, 11:07 AM
Lifer

Poor little chap it must be agony for them when so tiny and not so good for parents either as I can remember walking the floor for a good few months with DS1,I have just been talking to John about the hours we walked the floor with him,he always started about 9pm and it lasted a good few hours,high over the shoulder worked sometimes and across the knee with head as far forward as possible so tummy was on knee managed to work most time,I used Nurse Harveys but I expect it is banned now , when DS2 suffered I had a thick white medicine from Doctor but can't think of the name ?? could it have been Colic Drops.
blondee likes this.
Old 17-01-2015, 04:16 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by glammanana View Post
Poor little chap it must be agony for them when so tiny and not so good for parents either as I can remember walking the floor for a good few months with DS1,I have just been talking to John about the hours we walked the floor with him,he always started about 9pm and it lasted a good few hours,high over the shoulder worked sometimes and across the knee with head as far forward as possible so tummy was on knee managed to work most time,I used Nurse Harveys but I expect it is banned now , when DS2 suffered I had a thick white medicine from Doctor but can't think of the name ?? could it have been Colic Drops.
Sounds like Gaviscon that's what the twins were on Glam
glammanana likes this.
Old 17-01-2015, 05:29 PM
Lifer

Ooooh had that with my 4th, awful time.Like Pimms it was only gripe water then.