Grannynet  

Go Back   THE FORUM > CATCHING UP > The Coffee House
Login

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 24-03-2012, 07:54 AM
Lifer

Bez - you're so right. A beige mac with matching shoes and bag must be the worst.

A friend gave me a cutesie t-shirt style nightie for Christmas a couple of years ago. I tried it on and disappeared. It actually made me feel ill and went in the next charity bag.

Jean
Old 24-03-2012, 09:20 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bezrek View Post
Garnier takes care of the hair, Ulay the wrinkles, dentist the teeth and I've had a couple of skin tags in inconvenient places removed but today......(those of a delicate disposition look away now)....

I noticed my underarm hair is silver I'm off to the cupboard under the stairs again!
Have removed offending object and promise to be more diligent in future
Old 24-03-2012, 09:27 AM
Lifer

And have you noticed there husbands have the same colour beige outfit on too or in grey or light blue ??? now why i ask you ,I have told OH he is not to have beige shoes on any account its a slippery slope from that point
I always say when we young we have little knickers and big heels as we get older we have the opposit big knickers and little heels

JEAN
Old 24-03-2012, 09:31 AM
Lifer

Oh I love it!!
Old 24-03-2012, 09:32 AM
Lifer

Its true BEZ
Old 24-03-2012, 12:52 PM
Lifer

Talking

True jjoj unfortunately (the small knickers and the big knickers) also I've taken to take my tweezers with me to work as I used to spot whiskers (black or white) on my chin/upper lip while in work and there was nothing I could do about it till I got home!
Old 24-03-2012, 01:04 PM
Lifer

there are lots of books about puberty/pregnancy/babies/menopause but has anyone come across a book that warns you what to expect and how to deal with what happens as you get older? Like why does hair start growing where you don't want it and disappear from where you do? I don't know if some of the things that I have are normal for my age or something to worry about and you feel such a twit if you go to the doc and they say "oh it's just your age" Actually i think they have been saying that to me all my life!