Grannynet  

Go Back   THE FORUM > CATCHING UP > The Coffee House
Login

Like Tree145Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-03-2012, 12:02 AM
Lifer

Welshnanny - it sounds as though you've handled the situation very well. So a big 'well done' - and how lovely that you're friends again. Do stay around and chat - the more the merrier.

Jean
jeantyorkshire likes this.
Old 08-03-2012, 12:07 AM
Lifer

Yes, I'm so pleased for you too, Welshnanny. It sounds as though you have sorted some boundaries out and your daughter has hopefully realised how hurtful her behaviour was and appreciates you for the wonderful mother and grandmother you are! I do hope things get better and better - and as Jean says, please keep coming in and let us know how you're getting on.
jeantyorkshire likes this.
Old 08-03-2012, 09:24 AM

Smile

That's great news, Welshnanny!
Everything sounds on a much better footing between you now
Enjoy Jack
Old 12-03-2012, 03:57 AM
Old Hat

Thank you,it all came out in the wash ! Things are looking up and he is one lucky lovely little boy god I love him so much,but it will take a while to like my daughter again!

She has to realise Life is not all about her in this family...
Old 12-03-2012, 08:54 AM
Lifer

Little steps WN you will get there in the end

JEAN
Old 12-03-2012, 12:20 PM
Old Hat

Hi WN, welcome to parent/granny hood!! I have the odd tiff with my DD, it will blow over, it is hurtful. Just because our kids are grown up now dont mean you cant put them on the naughty step!! try to let it go over your head and then when you see your Daughter tell her how you felt hurt about her actions and that you were merely concerned about the LO. She knows which side her bread is buttered. Sometimes we can live too close to our children......but I hope that you sort this out soon, not nice not being friends is it and we do all the hurting!! if you DD is like mine, she probably hasn't even given it a thought!! h t h xx
Old 19-05-2012, 10:36 PM
Lifer

Default Fancy a moan

I have had 3 glasses of red wine tonight so feel a bit lose tongued so here goes I have had my g/d 3 dys this week she is a little darling but by friday we were both on our knees DD is letting her stay up till she falls asleep which sometimes is 11.00pm which means she lays in on a morning which then has a knock on effect with her day time nap she is running around all day with us running behind her, and then falling asleep at 4 in the afternoon and not waking up till 6 mum is at our house at 5 waiting for her to wake by the time she leaves its going on for 7 and we havnt eaten then her hubby finishes work at 8 pm home at 8.30 ish. She has put her in a cot bed because she wasnt sleeping in cot but its 10 times worse now as she is getting out in the night and getting in their bed. Enid I dont know how you do it on your own for 3 dys we struggle together.At 22 mths she is a live wire. All housework is abandoned till sat so today I have cleaned both conservatories I wanted to do this before furniture arrived but because it was cancelled at the beginning of week It arrived when we had Im. then cleaned 2 lounges, kitchen washed kitchen floor, dining room and 2 bathroom floors, OH cleaned 3 sets of patio doors, set of french doors, 2 lots conservatory windows floor to ceiling a window that is 7 ft by 8 ft 2 6ft bay windows and 9 assorted windows, made choritzo and chicken au gratin and rhubarb crumble as DS and dil were coming for tea. I am not asking for sympathy please dont give me any I am my own worse enemy but woe betide me telling DD how to put her own child to bed I like my teeth where they are and not in my b*m so be proud of me jjoj I am your hero,tomorrow I am reading the sunday papers with a nice cappucino and doing k***k all
Granny Goggins and jessy like this.

Last edited by blondee; 19-05-2012 at 10:39 PM.
Old 19-05-2012, 10:46 PM
Lifer

Hee hee blondee your DD sounds like my eldest DD, I just wouldn't dare. Youngest DD I sometimes risk my teeth by expressing my opinion. I honestly dont know how you ladies do it, as you know I only have the girls every other Friday and Im knackered when I get home. But if you think about it, what an honour to be able to look after them,and what a compliment that only Granny will do for their precious wee one. Your little ones sleep pattern does seem erratic,but who are we to suggest otherwise. Go on blondee have another glass, I'l join you in another B & C.
blondee likes this.
Old 19-05-2012, 10:49 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Granny Goggins View Post
Hee hee blondee your DD sounds like my eldest DD, I just wouldn't dare. Youngest DD I sometimes risk my teeth by expressing my opinion. I honestly dont know how you ladies do it, as you know I only have the girls every other Friday and Im knackered when I get home. But if you think about it, what an honour to be able to look after them,and what a compliment that only Granny will do for their precious wee one. Your little ones sleep pattern does seem erratic,but who are we to suggest otherwise. Go on blondee have another glass, I'l join you in another B & C.
Cheers my love have this one on me!
Old 19-05-2012, 10:56 PM
Lifer

No sorry blondee, you need to point out how this affecting you both. The knock on effect of Im going to sleep late. May be she will be able to change things gradually. If she doesn't realise how this tires you out , she needs to know. You don't want to start regretting saying you will look after Im.
Remember how I felt when I went from 3 days to 5, for far to long. That is just coming to an end now, took DDa month to get it sorted.
Though it might be a passing thing and change it's pattern soon enough.
You don't have to say put her to bed earlier. I'm sure you can drop a few hints, to get the message across. I managed it .
I want you to keep enjoying her and having fun.