Grannynet  

Go Back   THE FORUM > TOPICS > Diet and exercise
Login

Like Tree143Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 14-01-2014, 10:56 AM
Lifer

My son is supposed to be on the 5.2 diet but he eats too much on the off days. I did try it last year but found I didn't have any energy and felt odd so called it off.
GrannyHaggis, Beth and Nannynou like this.
Old 14-01-2014, 11:06 AM

I did something very similar to this several years ago, of my own devising before we had heard of the 5:2 diet. It was OK if I could do nothing much on the 2 fast days, but not good if you have to be out and about. I wouldn't do it now.

When I lost weight successfully it was a different 5:2. 5 days eating sensibly and 2 off the diet (within reason!) at weekends. That worked well for me.

Old 14-01-2014, 11:08 AM
Lifer

That sounds very sensible Beth.
Old 14-01-2014, 11:25 AM
Lifer

I am the fattest I have ever been. I cannot motivate myself to diet but I must. DD2's wedding is in April so I REALLY must, but then what is a day without a biscuit or 3? Torture, that's what!!
Old 14-01-2014, 03:10 PM
Lifer

I'm doing a challenge at the gym just now. It's to see how many calories you can use on the machines! It's actually making me put a lot more effort in as you put your progress up on a chart. I also do a Body Sculpt class once a week which is hard work, but worth it in the end! Also go for walks .
I'm watching what I eat and haven't had anything to drink since 1st January and to be honest, I haven't missed it yet!
Weightwise I don't seem to be losing anything, but my clothes are feeling looser and I have to wear a belt to keep my jeans up, so something is working!!
Old 14-01-2014, 03:54 PM
Lifer

Well done Grannyhaggis. It must be working well for you, so forget the scales, go by what your clothes are telling you! Bet you feel you have more 'go' in you too? They say that the more you move the more energy you feel you have.
Jane, you're still going the right way, same as NannyMichelle, its all coming off, slowly but surely, so well done you lot! I'm going to try.
Old 14-01-2014, 04:46 PM
Lifer

Well done GH.You've certainly taken yourself in hand! I've also put on a few pounds over Christmas and kidding myself that now all the goodies are gone I'll somehow magically revert to my usual weight!
However my usual weight is more than I'd like it to be so some good brisk walks are in order!
nannamichelle likes this.
Old 14-01-2014, 05:48 PM
Lifer

Well for me I know I don't "feel" right in my clothes a spare tyre over the top of trousers/jeans/skirts isn't comfortable or attractive either. Also I will be able to encourage DD who is doing it. I find it quite easy to follow and have bought the cookbook that ties in with it.
Old 14-01-2014, 06:07 PM
Lifer

I have to admit I am not doing anything although I have lost six pounds in the last six weeks but I think that is more because I am off my food. I am not a great one for cakes and chocolate and tend not to buy them as if I have one I will have to eat the lot!! On my bank of desks at work we have a big biscuit tin but I never have bikkies during the day.

I am heavier than I have been in the last few years and I know I should really try to do something about it but I absolutely hate gyms and I just cannot face going out to a class by myself after work. I think I get a lot of exercise doing the events I do and I have three events next week with a total of almost three hundred kids! So I think I deserve the glass of wine or G&T when I get home
nannamichelle and Nannynou like this.
Old 15-01-2014, 11:43 PM

I totally surprised myself by losing 3.5 lbs on my weight in after week one yesterday. And I didn't do without wine and a couple of G&T's

I think it is mostly to do with self discipline and not wanting to make the decision to join a slimming club and then let yourself down!

If I get get to my first half stone by the end of January I shall be so pleased it will motivate me for the months to come.

Congratulations Jane and everyone else who lost on GN