Grannynet  

Go Back   THE FORUM > TOPICS > Sleeping
Login

Like Tree108Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-04-2014, 03:05 PM
Lifer

Oh Blondee how exciting, times going fast, nearly be here...

I remember loving those few hours when they slept during the day, how I loved them, I had Kacie and George Friday night, George in his travel cot, goes to sleep no bother in it, cot is in our room but an hour or so later wide awake, when me and Jason went to bed, G woke up and was standing crying looking at us, I tried to ignore him see if he went back to sleep, but oh no Jason got him out, aww he just needs a cuddle ended up in the bed all night, slept in the bed, crossways I must add.... me on the edge of the bed, I couldn't sleep then 6am ish, he was wide awake talking to us, we were both knackered and he wanted to play, I brought him downstairs, then about 9ish he was shattered, took him upstairs in his cot, he went straight off, and I had to wake him up after nearly 3 hours....

I think when your first time parents, you read things in books and its all hunky dory until the babies are here, and its not like what you read....sadly the days have changed where you cant leave a pram outside xx
Pimms, glammanana, Ragdoll and 2 others like this.

Last edited by Grannylashes; 08-04-2014 at 09:58 AM.
Old 07-04-2014, 08:30 PM
Lifer

I know GL it only seems 2 mins since we got the news, my g/d stays every wed night as mum and dad have to be away early doors she always sleeps with me even though we have a spare double bed her position is starfish but OH goes in the spare room once she is asleep, lovely to wake up when they are asleep in the morning and you just study their little faces no sight better than a peaceful child sleeping
Old 07-04-2014, 10:55 PM
Lifer

Shem, Before my babies were fully weaned I never put them to bed until they had their last feed, usually about 10pm to 11pm that way I was guaranteed a full nights sleep (until their next feed at about 6am to 7am) This suited me to the ground!! I always put my babies outside for a sleep in the pram usually in the morning when I took advantage and got the chores done leaving me a couple of hours or so in the afternoon to play with them, what bliss and did I ever enjoy those afternoons!!!! When I fostered a little baby in the late 90s the SW called while she was asleep in the pram in the garden, she said "I bet your children were born in the 60s" and added that the practice isn't continued today owing to the popularity of the "buggy" which is impractical and maybe dangerous to leave a baby unattended in a buggy! As FS says though, as long as babies are loved, cuddled, well fed and kept warm that is the most important!
Rosy
Old 08-04-2014, 01:26 AM
Lifer

Blondee Josh still sleeps in our bed when he stays I end up in spare bed Oliver is happy to go in big bed in spare room but Josh likes to sleep with granddad unless they staying together then he will go in with Oliver , Being 10 in September I wonder how long that will last before he decides hes too old ? if hes anything like his Mammy it will be a long time, she would try to get in our bed at 16 still more so if she had been watching horror films before bed
Old 08-04-2014, 04:43 PM
Lifer

DD2 was like that - when she was poorly over Christmas and stayed with us she would climb into bed with me as soon as OH got up! You're never too old for a cuddle with your Mum!
blondee, Pimms, Pollypin and 1 others like this.
Old 08-04-2014, 06:58 PM
Lifer

Very true words Shem
Pimms likes this.
Old 08-04-2014, 07:31 PM
Lifer

Reminds me of a lovely photo I have of Mr. Rags in his pram in the garden - called "The Astronaut" picture as he was certainly well wrapped up!!

My mother was born in India and her pram was placed on the verandah of the bungalow that they lived in. It was a couple of hours later when my grandmother went to bring in the pram only to find a coiled up snake in a hole in the wall above the pram!!
blondee, jeangenie and Pimms like this.
Old 08-04-2014, 08:43 PM
Lifer

YIKES!!!!!!!!!!!
Beth, plantaholic and Ragdoll like this.
Old 10-04-2014, 11:30 AM
Lifer

Our little gs has his daytime naps in his cot (that's where he is right now - I'm enjoying the quiet!). He has a monitor at home but here I just sit in the living room where I can hear him. My DIL asks lots of questions too and it is nice to be able to give advice or just have a little discussion about things that worry her. I always say ' well, it's probably all changed now but in my day we did ..... or ....'or 'have you thought about .....' then, hopefully, if they want to do it a different way they wont think a) we will be offended or b) we will poke our nose in!!
plantaholic and jeangenie like this.