Grannynet  

Go Back   THE FORUM > TOPICS > Courses
Login

Like Tree25Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 13-01-2015, 09:51 PM

Smile Too old indeed!

Hi
I've read your interesting comments about learning. I thought you might like some motivation especially at this time of the year. Every January, instead of new years resolutions to give up things, I decide on three things to learn next. Last year, I tried zumba dancing, acrylic painting and watercolours. This year, I'm trying a fiction story (I've already had a non-fiction book published) social media and beginner's French. The great thing is learning. Here's to all of us in the new year. Let's show our children a thing or two.

Saltony
rosynose likes this.
Old 13-01-2015, 10:14 PM

Smile

Hi Saltony, it's definitely a good idea to try new things! I like your idea of taking up new things instead of giving things up for new year. Good luck with this years plans
rosynose likes this.

Old 13-01-2015, 10:49 PM

Hi Saltony - lovely to hear from you again, and great to see your positive attitude. Have lots of fun with your new interests. I feel the same about New Year resolutions, so this year I decided I'm going to read all of Jane Austen's full-length novels. I haven't read any of them since I schooldays. Even better, I was able to download them on to my K****e for less than 1.
Beth, glammanana and rosynose like this.
Old 14-01-2015, 10:16 AM
Lifer

I quite agree. I used to sign up for some new course every year until I couldn't get out and about without help. Now I read about new things and research online. I find as the body fails it's even more important to keep the mind fresh.
Old 14-01-2015, 10:22 AM

herriotfan, very true. What are you reading about at the moment?
rosynose likes this.
Old 14-01-2015, 12:09 PM
Lifer

Reading Jane Austin is such a good idea , they are great stories and I re read them all recently . It is amazing how much more interesting they have become since school days I have signed up for another painting course , and am searching for a subject amongst my photos . I should really do another camera class but the Painting is one I can get a lift to , and it is a morning class
Old 14-01-2015, 10:26 PM

Aggie - what subjects do you like to paint, and what kind of paints?
rosynose likes this.
Old 14-01-2015, 10:33 PM

All these creative talented ladies amongst us
rosynose likes this.

Old 15-01-2015, 02:41 PM
Lifer

I'm going to improve my painting skills!! I had an e-mail from an arty-farty friend of mine telling me that she'd had my Christmas card framed and hung on her wall!! Amazing what a bit of praise can do to spur you on.
I'm also starting my regular walking again. Went out for a brisk 30 mins this morning and will try to increase the distance over the coming days/weeks.
I'd also like to start volunteering again, but as we're still looking to move house, I don't really want to get started and then have to stop.
Finally the garden needs doing.....but I'm not into gardening , so that's going to be a difficult one to achieve!
Beth and jeangenie like this.
Old 15-01-2015, 05:11 PM
Lifer

Jean I have done oils , watercolours and now do acrylics , mainly because they dry so quickly and you can alter them . Watercolours are my favourite but so unforgiving . I have painted mostly landscapes of the village and my back yard . I think I have some in my gallery
jeangenie likes this.