Grandmas are invaluable when it comes to helping with the children – after all, not [...]
A guide to sterilising & protecting your grandchildren from germsCreated by Charlotte in Age: Baby & Toddler, Feeding & Sleeping, Health and Safety
source link follow site During the first 12 months of your grandchild’s life, pills it is important to keep them protected from germs at home and while out and about to keep them happy, hospital healthy and smiling. Here’s some expert advice and simple to follow tips and guidelines to help keep your little guests protected when they come to stay!
Why is sterilising so important?
go here Sterilising is a special way of cleaning your grandchild’s feeding equipment including bottles, teats and breast pumps to ensure they are completely free from harmful germs that can make your grandchild ill. During the first 12 months your baby’s immune system is still developing which means they are more vulnerable to germs than older children and adults. Common problems are tummy upsets (gastroenteritis), often caused by bacteria breeding in the milk or food traces left in bottles, teats and pumps, and oral thrush.
Why use Milton?
ثنائي تداول الخيارات استعراض إشارة • Sterilises in just 15 minutes.
كتاب إستراتيجية الخيارات الثنائية • Solution stays sterile for 24 hours.
go to link • Clinically proven to kill all harmful viruses, fungi and bacteria.
اخبار الاسهم العالمية اليوم • The Milton Method is fast, safe & easy.
jobba hemifrån registrerare • Designed for use around babies.
Sterilising with Milton
http://www.ac-brno.org/?pycka=%D8%B4%D8%B1%D9%8A%D8%B7-%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%A7%D8%B3%D9%87%D9%85&a24=61 شريط الاسهم The Milton Method of sterilising is a safe and trusted method that has been used by parents, grandparents, hospitals and midwives for over 65 years. It’s quick, easy, effective and great value, allowing you to sterilise items in just 15 minutes and ensure you always have a freshly sterilised bottle to hand (perfect for those 3am feeds when you are babysitting!)
go site There are 3 easy steps to sterilising with Milton:
- Clean utensils thoroughly after each feed with warm soapy water then rinse. *For latex teats, rub inside and out with salt to remove all milk deposits and rinse.
- Prepare the Milton Solution by filling your Milton Sterilising Unit, or similar unit, with cold water. Then for every 5 litres of water add 2 half caps (30ml) of Milton Fluid, or 1 Milton Tablet
- Add your items to the solution
- Ensure that no air bubbles are trapped inside the bottles/utensils
- Everything in the solution will be ready to use after 15 minutes or can be left in the solution for up to 24 hours until you need to use them
- Once removed, there is no need to rinse, simply drain bottles and teats and they are ready to use
Spotlight on soothers
- 1 in 5 parents clean a dropped soother in their mouth before handing it back to their baby which could be passing germs, like thrush, straight from you to your baby
- 1 in 10 parents never sterilise their baby’s soother
- 48% of parents currently store spare soothers loose in their handbag or baby change bag
Introducing Milton’s NEW arrival…The Milton Mini Portable Soother Steriliser is here!
The new Milton Mini Soother Steriliser has been designed to deal with that everyday dilemma for grandparents when they are spending time with their young grandchildren – how to safely clean a dropped soother.
BPA-free, small and watertight, the Milton Mini Soother Steriliser has been created to sterilise soothers on-the-go and can be popped into a changing bag, or attached to a pushchair using the handy Velcro strap.
A completely unique innovation, it uses the tried and trusted Milton Method to sterilise soothers, within an expertly developed design incorporating innovative sponges to help remove dirt and debris. Used with NEW Mini Sterilising Tablets, the Milton Mini Soother Steriliser will kill bacteria and viruses in just 15 minutes, and keep the soother sterile for 24 hours in the solution so you can always have a clean one to hand
What’s more, it’s a purse friendly £6.99 so something you can keep in the cupboard for when your grandchild comes to visit!
follow site TOP GRANDPARENT TIP: Milton Sterilising Tablets are the perfect sterilising essential for grandparents to keep in their cupboard for when their grandchildren come to stay. They can be used with any plastic container that will submerge the items, so you could even buy a 5 litre bottle of drinking water and once empty, cut the top off and use the empty container for sterilising.
Protecting in the home
Maintaining a safe and healthy environment in which to nurture and care for your grandchild is vital for ensuring your little one grows up strong and thriving. Whilst it’s important to protect them from germs, it’s impossible to keep the whole house sterilised! Follow Germ Expert Steve Riley’s expert advice to help you focus on the key areas.
Germ hot spots:
- Changing table & baby bath – Keep a pack of Milton Antibacterial Surface Wipes by your changing station for quick clean ups as these will dry in seconds making the surface safe for your grandchild. Baby baths can be cleaned using the Milton Fluid or Tablets by filling with cold water and adding 2 half caps (30ml) of Milton Fluid, or 1 Milton Tablet for every 5 litres of water. Leave for 15 mins.
- The floor! Once your baby starts crawling, the floor becomes their playground. Regular hovering and floor mopping is essential to remove debris and regular hand cleaning is a must.
- Toys – toys are regularly dropped on the floor or in food. Plastic toys can be sterilised with Milton, while fabric toys will need a regular hot wash.
- Clothes & bibs – In tests carried out on baby bibs 80% were found to have higher than desirable levels of contamination, of which 20% were deemed to be at a very high level. Pop them on a hot wash on a regular basis to avoid any lurking nasties. And of course everything that comes in contact with your baby’s mouth! See pages 1 & 2 for further advice on this.
Protecting out & about
Germ fighting essentials for the change bag:
- Milton Antibacterial Hand Gel – In a handy travel size bottle, this pleasantly scented, moisturising hand gel has been clinically proven to disinfect hands by killing bacteria, fungi and viruses within seconds.
- Milton Antibacterial Surface Wipes – Ideal for sanitising restaurant high chairs and public nappy changing facilities.
http://www.livingwithdragons.com/?printers=%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%A7%D8%B3%D9%87%D9%85-%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%A7%D9%85%D8%A7%D8%B1%D8%A7%D8%AA%D9%8A%D9%87-%D9%84%D8%B3%D9%88%D9%82-%D8%AF%D8%A8%D9%8A&69c=69 By Milton, protecting babies for over 60 years