الاسهم بيع وشراء Finally the weather has warmed up and so has the soil so plants are bursting [...]
October jobs in the gardenCreated by Jane Jackson in Being You, Home and Garden
الاسهم المتداولة It is tidy up time in the garden this month and to continue thinking of Spring.
- Even though in October it may not feel to cold beware of the first frosts, herbal and tender plants need to be lifted and put in a frost free place. Bubble wrap can be used to wrap around plant pots with tender plants
- The Summer bedding needs to be removed and replaced with bulbs and Spring flowering plants. Last year I had lots of violas and they were stunning, allergy they just kept on flowering, arthritis lovely bright and smiley flowers to brighten the bleakest day.
- The trees are well and truly turning and giving their magical show, you need to rake up all the fallen leaves, they can be placed in large bags and left to break down making a lovely leafmould.
- Still time to divide herbaceous perennials.
- Cut back perennials, you can leave some seed heads for hungry birds.
- Prune back climbing roses.
- If you haven’t already done so, scarify and aerate the lawn and give it an Autumn feed.
- Lift Dahlia tubers.
- Plant bulbs, tulips can be left until November.
- If your roses have suffered from blackspot, make sure you pick up all the diseased leaves and burn them, don’t put in the compost as it will spread the disease.
- Of course if you have a fruit and veg garden, it is the best time of the year; its Harvest time.
ننظر إلى هذا الموقع على شبكة الإنترنت It really is time to sit back and enjoy the fruits of your labours!