UK Retailer Clas Ohlson recruits team of budding fixers, green fingered gardeners and weekend decorators [...]
Gardening jobs for AugustCreated by Jane Jackson in Being You, Home and Garden
موقع مفيد إشارة ويكيبيديا As I sit and write the gardening tips I can not believe we have nearly reached August, where on earth has the time gone? One thing is for certain, we won’t be complaining this year about the wet conditions that we all experienced last year. Well not yet anyway!
اكتشف المزيد In fact it is evident when you look around your garden and parks etc that shortage of water has been the topic of conversations over the garden wall and in allotments. Although the grass looks as though it is on it’s last legs, it isn’t as a few days of rain will put it right and there is no need to water the lawn, unless it is newly laid. It is easy to get carried away with the hose, but we do still need to be mindful of how precious water is. If you haven’t already, I strongly recommend water butts, they are not expensive and easy to set up.
http://asandoc.com/?dwonsnow3=%D8%AD%D8%B3%D8%A7%D8%A8-%D8%AA%D8%AC%D8%B1%D9%8A%D8%A8%D9%8A-%D8%B9%D9%84%D9%89-%D8%AE%D9%8A%D8%A7%D8%B1-%D8%AB%D9%86%D8%A7%D8%A6%D9%8A&e25=16 We have had some really high temperatures, so keep your containers and baskets watered every day, if not morning and evening. Don’t water when strong sunlight is on your plants as it can scorch them, do it early morning or last thing in the evening. So here are a few things to be doing in August.
- Deadhead, I know I keep saying it but it really does encourage more blooms. Roses need to be dead headed frequently.
- Keep on top of greenfly, blackspot etc.
- If you have perennial geraniums cut them right back.
- Look out for weeds, if you just use your hoe the strong sun will burn them off the soil.
- It is good time to take root cuttings from shrubs and take cuttings from herbs.
- Watch for self seeding of some plants, and pop into a pot, then you will have lots of free plants. I have Verbena bonariensis and it has seeded all over the place, including the gutters on the road! I have very carefully pulled them up and potted them on, to date I have 25 plants!
- As we have had hot weather many flowers that we might expect to go on flowering for a while longer, have begun to go over early. If you have some sad spaces pop in another plant to keep it going.
- If you are going on holiday, place your containers in a shady part of the garden, and hopefully you have a wonderful neighbour who will water them for you.
- Keep cutting those sweet peas, the more you cut the more they flower.
- Oh now is the time to think about Spring bulbs, sitting in the garden with a cuppa browsing the catalogues, time well spent.
انقر الآن Above all of that, enjoy these glorious sunshine filled days and evenings, listen to the humming of the bees and drink in the beauty of the butterflies that are in abundance this year.
http://www.tyromar.at/?yuwlja=%D9%83%D9%8A%D9%81-%D8%A7%D8%B4%D8%AA%D8%B1%D9%8A-%D8%A7%D8%B3%D9%87%D9%85-%D8%B9%D9%86-%D8%B7%D8%B1%D9%8A%D9%82-%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%B1%D8%A7%D8%AC%D8%AD%D9%8A&0b8=23 كيف اشتري اسهم عن طريق الراجحي I am off now to sit and watch the bee hotel which is filling up fast with its new residents. They have been busy with their interior designs and all the little holes are covered with immaculate green circles of leaves to protect the little bees!
Nature, you can’t beat it.